Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Choose your own cliche!

Even though January seemed to drag on in parts, now that its February 5th, I have no idea where time has gone. I think in part this has to do with the fact that everyday is quite similar...I wake up when it is grey and cold outside, replace the layers of clothes that I've slept in with more work appropriate ones, go to work, come home when it is grey and cold outside, sit under my kotatsu...lather, rinse and repeat. The only variation has been that some days it was raining. Yesterday was the first day the sun has shone in a while; I got to dust off the sunglasses and take an extra long lunch with Jamie and Allison to sit on the front steps of the Board of Education basking in its radiant glory until a huge grey cloud came and blocked it out again. Booooo. There were even birds singing at one point...spring is trying to come, I just know it!

As much as I dislike winter, it hasn't been all bad. Winter vacation was great! Which brings us to the main point of this entry. It's now February, and I have not written a single word or posted a single picture from my travels with my family over Christmas/New Year's. Unfortunately it has gotten to the point where it just seems entirely too overwhelming to try and cover everything that we did, so pictures of the best parts with some captions are going to have to do. After all, "a picture is worth 1,000 words," and "better late than never."

No comments: