Sunday, November 4, 2007

To stay or not to stay?

With just three months under my belt, it may seem a bit early for me to be contemplating this, but the recontracting papers are already on my desk at the Board of Education. I don't have to make my decision until February, which means I have three more months in which to ponder. Or three more months where my answer to the above question will change depending on the day, maybe even the hour of the day. Perhaps I should start to keep a tally...the "stay" days on one side, the "July can't come soon enough" days on the other, then in February see which side has more marks. Perhaps, but somehow I think I have better things to do with my time...

Like read the NY Times. (What did people do before the Internet? I really mean it) Which brings me to the real reason for this entry--sharing another article with you. This one isn't about Japan, but talks about green cities, and the way mayors across the US are stepping up in the fight against climate change by promoting city re-development projects that are pedestrian and public transit centered as well as insisting that their cities adhere to the Kyoto Protocol. (Hmmm this sounds familiar...oh yeah, thesis!)

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/03/us/03mayors.html?ex=1351828800&en=8ce6d9b9967ba7ed&ei=5124&partner=permalink&exprod=permalink

Good article, and good news for someone who wants to persue this sort of thing as a career. Even if that time is still a few years down the road.

No comments: