Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Extended Absence Greeting

As you may have guessed, there was a lot going on during my last 3 months in Japan, and not a whole lot of time to work on the blog. I don't know if I have the patience to get entirely caught up again, but I will try to highlight some of the major events.

For pictures of some of my latest traveling adventures both in Japan and back here in the US, please take a peek at my Facebook albums. More to come, I promise!

As far as being back in the States, overall the adjustment is going pretty well. My first week back, I struggled with jet lag and a bit of an identity crisis. But now I am back on AZ time and the US dollar, so both of those issues have been resolved. I really miss my friends and some of the freedom I had in Japan (own apartment, regular paycheck, no car!) but being able to explore a wider variety of career options, eat non-Japanese food at regular prices, wear a size M and reconnect with old friends makes me think that I made the right decision to come home. At least for now--Japan probably hasn't seen the last of me yet!

I am currently applying for some part time positions in tutoring, working as a volunteer in the Planning/Development Department to learn more about the field before applying to graduate school where I would like to earn a Master's in Urban and Regional Planning. Progress in this area has been slow, but it now feels like it is starting to come together.
I may no longer be in Japan, but this blog is far from over! Please check back for more updates.

Love,
Wendy

We're not in Japan anymore, Toto!


1 comment:

Wendy said...

In case anyone still reads this:

After posting about 5 times in twice as many months of being back in AZ, and being fairly disappointed in the quality of said posts, I have decided to reserve this blog for my adventures in Japan.

I am thinking about a new blog dedicated to my latest endeavors, and will be sure to post a link when it becomes a reality. In the meantime, major adventures will be posted on facebook.